You may draw your own conclusions.
[Source: Do childless leaders mean the death of Europe? By Darrell Delmaide]
Europe’s current political leaders are childless. I can remember when leaders had to be married, never divorced, have children, be churchgoers, and have served in the military or they were unelectable. Those days are gone.
- Macron, the newly elected French president, has no children.
- German chancellor Angela Merkel has no children.
- British prime minister Theresa May has no children.
- Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni has no children.
- Holland’s Mark Rutte has no children.
- Sweden’s Stefan Löfven has no children.
- Luxembourg Xavier Bettel has no children.
- Scotland’s Nicola Sturgeon has no children.
- Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, has no children.
Total fertility rates in Europe are well below the 2.1 that is considered the “replacement rate” — that is, the number of children needed per adult woman to keep population steady — in most of the major countries. Never forget! Demographics are destiny!
And thanks to PCoop for sending this to me.