Isn’t it remarkable how the media changed after November 8, 2016. What was “good” is now “bad.” What was “up” is now “down.”
The defeat of Hillary Clinton was even more consequential than many believe. It changed America in a way the rivals the defeat of the British at the Battle of Yorktown. The left blames Donald Trump for literally everything. They fail to realize that the great division of America occurred because of Barack Hussein Obama and the Democrat Party’s penchant for identity politics. They taught us to hate and now their surprised we hate them.
[Source: With the election of Trump, the world turned upside down, by Victor Davis Hanson]
Let’s spend a moment analyzing the “reversal of the spin of the Earth” after Donald Trump’s election. Trump is not only fighting Democrats. Plenty of Republicans’ reputations were sullied by his victory, as well. John McCain, Mitt Romney, John Kasich… names that only scratch the list of Republicans who fought the election of our current president.
So many “people-in-the-know” were discredited by his election that they hope to wend their way back by trying to disrupt every policy change Trump makes. [From the Davis Hanson article]
- Creased-brow prophesies of doom for President Trump are about as credible as their past insistence that a “blue wall” would keep him out of the White House.
- Media collusion with the Clinton campaign was endemic in the WikiLeaks email trove. The complicity blew up any lingering notion that establishment journalists are disinterested and principled.
- “Journalists” now turn from eight years of obsequiousness to frenzied hostility toward the White House.
- Executive orders are no longer inspired, but dangerous.
- Senate filibusters are no longer subversive, but vital.
- Bypassing Congress on treaties and overseas interventions and refusal to enforce existing laws is no longer presidential leadership but seditious.
- Protests against a sitting president are no longer near treasonous, but patriotic.
- Cruel invective against the president and his family is no longer racist, but inspired.
- Media collusion with the president is no longer natural, but unprofessional and dishonest.
Do these people really believe that this is the way to win back the hearts and minds of Americans (like me) that they labeled as “clingers,” “deplorables” and “irredeemables.” Maybe they should look up these words in Merriam Webster’s Dictionary. It’s not likely these Americans (like me) are going to forget the Democrat Party’s disdain for their notions of patriotism.
We deplorables are watching (with glee) as the effects of the Democrat Party overreach is coming back to bite them in the ass. Harry Reid and Obama “weaponized” the Trump presidency by killing the Senate filibuster and employing presidential fiats by “pen-and-phone” executive orders.
If Trump succeeds in producing 4% GDP growth the Democrat party can put its collective head between its collective legs and kiss its… well, you know the rest!