The mainstream media are frantically trying to discredit the new Trump administration. They say that the White House “is in turmoil.” But the way I see it he has accomplished more in one month than Obama did in eight years – and I like what Trump has accomplished. Obama… not so much.
Obama’s big accomplishment in his first year was Obamacare (ouch) and it wasn’t passed until December 24, 2009 (336 days into his presidency). In his first month he signed “the stimulus” boondoggle that got all of those famous “shovel-ready projects” on the move – you remember that trillion-dollar waste of money. He banned water boarding and signed an executive order to close Guantanamo (Trump signed an executive order to keep Guantanamo open and to incarcerate ISIS fighters there).
Here is Trump’s first month:
- Selecting Neil Gorsuch For The Supreme Court
- Ordering The Construction Of The Border Wall
- Undermining Obamacare
- Killing The Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Deal
- Approving The Dakota Access Pipeline And The Keystone Pipeline
- Putting Out An Executive Order Instructing The DOJ And Homeland Security to Withhold “Federal Funds, Except As Mandated By Law” From Sanctuary Cities
- Ordered Federal Agencies To Cut Two Regulations For Every New One They Propose
- Reinstating The Mexico City Policy (bars U.S. government funding to international non-governmental agencies that perform abortions – pro or con on the abortion issue, you and I shouldn’t need to pay for it)
- Freezing all Federal Hiring Outside of the Military
- Reversed a planned cut on mortgage insurance for many first-time homebuyers.
- Ended a policy known as “catch and release,” under which some immigrants are released from detention while they await a hearing with an immigration judge.
- Got assurances from major corporations for new business investments (will equal jobs in the U.S.)
[Source: Donald Trump’s Top 10 Accomplishments in His First Month in Office, by John Hawkins]