“Fake news.” It is practically an unceasing drumbeat of the mainstream media. I want the press to keep any administration “honest.” However, the mainstream media daily impune the honesty of the Trump administration. Here are two recent headlines (I could have chosen from DOZENS).
Trump’s real war isn’t with the media. It’s with facts.
In Trump’s war, the enemy is the truth.
But, of course, the proposition that a major function of “the press” is keeping Washington “honest,” begins with their honesty.
A recent poll shows that the Trump administration is considered more honest than the media. In the truth war between the news media and the Trump administration, a new Emerson College poll shows that voters find the Trump administration to be more truthful than the news media.
[Source: Trump Administration Found More Honest And Truthful Than The Other Guys, by Dan Spencer]
The poll found that the Trump administration is considered truthful by 49 percent of voters, while the news media is considered truthful by a mere 39 percent. Fully 53 percent of those surveyed find the media to be untruthful.
The media commonly uses the term “lie” when accusing Trump administration officials of falsehoods. You would think that people who write for a living would have a dictionary.
Even if a statement is not factual, it does not make it “a lie.” Intent is a critical factor in lying.
The media is losing its battle with DonaldTrump because of their own “fake news stories.” [From the Spencer article] Writing at “The Federalist,” Daniel Payne describes 16 fake news articles that the news media has published since President Trump’s election. Those fake news stories include:
- Early November: Spike in Transgender Suicide Rates
- November 22: The Tri-State Election Hacking Conspiracy Theory
- December 1: The 27-Cent Foreclosure
- January 20: Nancy Sinatra’s Complaints about the Inaugural Ball
- January 20: The Nonexistent Climate Change Website ‘Purge’
- January 20: The Great MLK Jr. Bust Controversy
- January 20: Betsy DeVos, Grizzly Fighter
- January 26: The ‘Resignations’ At the State Department
- January 27: The Photoshopped Hands Affair
- January 29: The Reuters Account Hoax
- January 31: The White House-SCOTUS Twitter Mistake
- January 31: The Big Travel Ban Lie
- February 1: POTUS Threatens to Invade Mexico
- February 2: Easing the Russian Sanctions
- February 2: Renaming Black History Month
- February 2: The House of Representatives’ Gun Control Measures
If you follow politics you are aware that Joe Scarborough (Morning Joe on MSNBC) is no fan of Donald Trump, yet even he was disgusted with the media lies about Trump.
This should all stop on both sides of the argument. A lot of changes are in store for our Nation under the Trump administration. The media needs to get back to its traditional roll. Even The Rugged Individualist doesn’t think Trump is going to “get it right” every time.