Happy New Year to all of my readers! Let us hope the promise of 2017 is as bright for conservatives as it seems on January 1.
I believe that when the historians look back to the accomplishments of the Obama administration they will place at the top of the list: He emptied the bench.
Under President Obama, Democrats have lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats (and if Trump does as well as I think he will do, the Dems will loose 5 or 6 more Senate seats in 2018). The bench is EMPTY!.
The Democrat Party leaders are getting long in the tooth!
- Joseph Biden is 74 years old
- Elizabeth Warren is 67 years old (will be 71 in 2020).
- Bernie Sanders is 75 years old
- If Hillary returns for another shellacking in 2020 she will be 73 years old.
- Chuck Schumer is 66 years old (going on 106).
- Nancy Pelosi is 76 years old and was senile 8 years ago.
Donna Brazile (57 years old) and Debbie Wasserman Schultz (50 years old) are youngsters in the Democrat leadership. However, after their conduct in the last election and their subsequent embarrassment I doubt they could mount a campaign in 2020.
Of course, I am not saying the being older is disqualifying in any way. After all, president-elect Donald Trump will be the oldest president to assume office. He will be 70 years, 220 days old on January 20. Also, President Reagan was in his 70s when he won his second term in a landslide. What I am saying is that we won’t be seeing anything remotely like a “new idea” from the Democrat Party in 2020.
By contrast, the Republican Party is ascendant:
When the afternoon of January 20, 2017 arrives, the Republican Party will have:
- The Presidency.
- A majority of the House of Representatives.
- A majority of the Senate.
- Almost two-thirds of all the governorships.
- Total control of the statehouses in almost two-thirds of all the states.
- And in the near future, Republicans will be able to add a majority of the Supreme Court.
The above has never happened before in American history. Think about that and let it sink in for a moment. And it’s all because of one reason: Barack Obama’s tried to force his extreme far-left agenda on an unwilling country by executive orders, left wing judges, and obsequious bureaucrats.