To say that the liberals are in a snit about the election of Donald Trump would be the understatement of all time. They forget that conservatives didn’t exactly have a party when Obama was elected – twice! But we didn’t block traffic or break windows – or retreat to “safe spaces.”
Because the liberals have not a single policy item about which to pillory Donald Trump, they revert to the one and only arrow in their quiver – call their adversary “names.” Ouch!
[Source: I’m already sick of the liberal tantrum over Trump, by John Hawkins]
Here are just a tiny smattering of headlines from liberal websites pushing exactly that theme.
[From the Hawkins article] How rational is it to assume that the people in a country that voted for a black President twice suddenly decided Trump is a bigot and they like it... “Of the nearly 700 counties that twice sent Obama to the White House, a stunning one-third flipped to support Trump. Trump also won 194 of the 207 counties that voted for Obama either in 2008 or 2012.”
[Source: Donald Trump and the real black swan event, by Monica Crowley]
[From the Crowley article] The election of Donald Trump as president has been regarded by some as a black swan event: an extremely rare occurrence so unexpected and consequential that it generates stunning changes in the existing order.
But in retrospect, the election of Mr. Trump is not the black swan event.
No, the election of Barack Obama was the seismic aberration.
And the triumph of Mr. Trump is the national self-correction back to the center-right, a state of normalcy, and most importantly, to the country’s natural and rightful exceptionalism.
It turns out that Mr. Trump is the rule, while Mr. Obama was the anomalous exception:
The liberals long for an “Obama legacy.” Here it is:
- Nearly doubled the national debt in eight short years: from $10.6 trillion to $19.8 trillion.
- Increased the national debt nearly as much as the 43 presidents that preceded him.
- Gave us the “Stimulus” – a trillion-dollar boondoggle (NB, you never heard the word “stimulus” by any Democrat candidate for any office nationally, in a state, or county).
- Under President Obama, Democrats have lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats. That’s the worst legacy of all presidents in US history.
- Gave us the Green Energy fiscal disaster (lead by Solyndra -see footnote 1) and paid for by the American taxpayer (of which there were fewer and fewer under Obama).
- Gave us Obamacare, possibly the worst piece of legislation in 50 years.
- Gave us Dodd-Frank – the reason my refinance paperwork is 500 pages long!
- And most surprising of all, the worst racial relations since Rodney King!
I could go on, but for interested readers I put Obama’s disasters in another footnote. It will be a “nice” walk down Memory Lane. Mr Trump has his work cut out for him to reverse all of these missteps.
The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:
- Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
- SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
- Solyndra ($535 million)*
- Beacon Power ($43 million)*
- Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
- SunPower ($1.2 billion)
- First Solar ($1.46 billion)
- Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
- EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
- Amonix ($5.9 million)
- Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
- Abound Solar ($400 million)*
- A123 Systems ($279 million)*
- Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
- Johnson Controls ($299 million)
- Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
- ECOtality ($126.2 million)
- Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
- Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
- Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
- Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
- Range Fuels ($80 million)*
- Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
- Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
- Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
- GreenVolts ($500,000)
- Vestas ($50 million)
- LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
- Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
- Navistar ($39 million)
- Satcon ($3 million)*
- Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
- Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)
*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.
- IRS targets Obama’s enemies
- Spying on the AP
- The ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme
- Sebelius demands payment
- The Pigford Agriculture Department Scandal
- The General Services Administration Las Vegas Spending Spree.
- Veterans Affairs in Disney World and neglecting vets
- New Black Panthers Voter Intimidation
- The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s computer
- Obama’s LIES about the Affordable Care Act
- “I’ll Pass My Own Laws”
- NSA Spying on American People
- Lack of solidarity with Israel
- Disaster with the Arab Spring
- Leaving Iraq too soon and letting ISIS take over
- Handling of Syrian Red Line
- Calling ISIS “JV”
- Failing to Recognize ISIS as a Radical (or Devout) Muslim Movement
- Returning the bust of Churchill to the Brits
- Lack of Confidence by NATO nations
- Signing a Disastrous Nuclear Deal with the Mullahs of Ira
- Paid $5 Billion & Released 5 Taliban Prisoners For Deserter Bergdahl
- Waging war by attacking Libya without Congressional approval
- Allowed the building of Chinese bases in the South China Sea and off the coast of Somalia at the entrance to the gulf of Aden
- Paying ransom to Iranian for hostages- and using foreign currency in unmarked plane
- Lying about paying ransom (which media ignored!)
- Pays tribute to Japanese at Hiroshima on US Memorial Day
- Obama trashed America 18 times on Asian Tour
- Failure to secure the Border
- Illegals bringing guns, drug and diseases through the southern border
- Bowe Bergdahl swap
- Passing on the keystone pipeline
- 9 Trillion dollars more in debt
- Vast expansion of government
- Racial Division at all-time high
- Inviting Bomb Boy Ahmed to White House
- Disrespect for Cops
- Failed economic stimulus plan
- Constant disregard for the Constitution and tyrannical rule
- China overtook America as world’s largest economy
- Double Downgrade
- Housing policies failed to stop foreclosures
- Price of healthcare has drastically risen for those purchasing it
- Education policies failed to curb college costs
- Highest percentage of Americans on Food Stamps and Medicaid
- Record 92,898,000 Americans over 16 years not working
- Lowest Labor Force participation rate of 62.7%
- Denying the notion of American Exceptionalism
- Securing the Olympics for Chicago in 2016
- Naming numerous Communists/Socialists/Progressives to Czar Positions
- Mismanagement and cover up of Terrorist shootings in San Bernardino, California
- Mismanagement of Gulf Oil Spill
- Disastrous Vetting Process of “Immigrants” from Muslim Nations
- Refusing to Listen to CIA/FBI that there is no way to properly vet certain immigrants from Muslim nations
- Fort Hood Shooting
- Colorado EPA Disaster
- Veto of 911 Crime Bill- which was overturned
- Worst economic recovery since the depression with anemic GDP numbers
- Over 94 million Americans out of the workforce