I am confident that my readers are fully aware of yesterday’s bombshell announcement that the FBI is reopening its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server. I am also confident you are more informed about it than I am. So, the best I can offer is a few musings.
- Did we need the nation’s federal police to determine Clinton’s motivation for having a private email server? Not really. She is motivated by SECRECY, but interestingly, not keeping the nation’s secrets (which she was legally obligated to do), but her own secrets.
- Did we need the nation’s federal police to determine what she did not want Americans to “see.” Not really. She and Bill were “broke” when they left the White House and now are worth over $100 million. Are you worth that much? Do you know a lot of people worth that much? And they did it in less than 2 decades. I’ve been working since I was 12 years old (currently 72 years old). I’m not worth anywhere near that amount.
The headlines today are quite interesting:
- The damage Comey’s bad timing could do
- It’s mourning in America
- Struggling to keep faith during a revolting election season
- This. Cannot. Be. Happening.
- Political Traumatic Distress Disorder
These headlines point to the obvious. Opinion makers “don’t like” the current choices for president. But be assured, the motivation for their opinion is not what you think. They are dismayed because Hillary Clinton is not the candidate they want in the race. If they could still write articles attacking Donald Trump and praising Hillary Clinton they would be quite happy about the election. But, they can’t do that after yesterday.
Look at the lead headline by the Editorial Board of the Washington Post: “The damage Comey’s bad timing could do.” Does that sound like an unbiased headline? Will the “damage” be to Trump? If they are bemoaning “the damage” it is because their chosen candidate is suffering “the damage.”
Mr. Trump may not be a polished politician but he has a quality I admire. He’s prescient. He saw this coming from a mile away, fingering Weiner as a potential national security threat all the way back in August of 2015. Trump, who has long-called Weiner a “pervert,” said Weiner’s proximity to one of Hillary Clinton’s closest aides was a threat to national security. “Huma is making a very wise decision (she left him). I know Anthony Weiner well, and she will be far better off without him. I only worry for the country in that Hillary Clinton was careless and negligent in allowing Weiner to have such close proximity to highly classified information. It came out that Huma Abedin knows all about Hillary’s private illegal emails. Huma’s PR husband, Anthony Weiner, will tell the world.”
Alan Dershowitz, the renowned law professor and no friend to Donald Trump, had an interesting legal opinion. Why didn’t Hlarry’s lawyers petition the court to block the FBI from looking at Huma Adedin’s emails when they were investigating Weiner. They could have simply said that Abedin’s emails were private and not relevant. But they didn’t. Forgetful? Stupid? Not likely. The likely reason is that they failed to produce these emails in the Clinton investigation and, thus, would be admiting to criminal intent if they tried to block them NOW!