Perhaps the Democrat Party should be angling at rekindling prohibition instead of limitation of gun rights. Note that these are road accident DEATHS.
And aren’t you glad that you don’t live in South Africa. Good God!
The Center for Disease Control says that 505 deaths were due to accidental/negligent discharge of a firearm last year. Homicides and suicides, of course, are far more common but probably can’t be significantly reduced by banning guns. Where is the organization “Non-drunk American Lives Matter” when we need them!?!?
MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) published statistics on drunk driving:
- 50 to 75 percent of convicted drunk drivers continue to drive on a suspended license.
- Every two minutes a person is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- In 2013, 28.7 million people admitted to driving under the influence of alcohol – more than the population of Texas.
- Every day in America, 27 citizens die as a result of drunk driving crashes.
- An average drunk driver has driven over 80 times before their first arrest.
- Drunk adults drove over 121 million times per year – over 300,000 incidents of drunk driving per day!
Guns are nothing when compared to cars driven by the inebriated!